Thursday, April 22, 2010

Is it really like riding a bike?

I love to write or at least I used to love to write. I feel in love with words at a very young age in large part due to my mom! I started writing my feelings before I even remember...A picture from kindergarten proves this...A stick boy with the words "I don't like brothers" scrawled underneath! My writing progressed from there, but suddenly stopped after I got marrried. My career and life took hold.
When my daughter was born two months early, with some big health problems, I was struggling. When she was a week old, she was rushed to a large hospital and we were told Ayla wasn't likely to make it another twenty-four hours. I called my mom crying. When she got to the hospital, she handed me a journal and a pen. When I look back now I realize the wisdom of my mother and the gift I have for my daughter. That journal tells the story of her first 7 weeks of life. Its proof of how strong she is. When we made it home, I stopped writing and then I started to read my husband's cousin's blog. It made me realize just how much I need to write.
So here it goes...I'm about to find out if it really is like riding a bike!

1 comment:

  1. You bet it is! and I, for one, cannot WAIT to read this!

    ReplyDelete