Saturday, May 15, 2010

I Love You, I Love You Not...

I love you...
  • I love that my newly independent little girl actually wanted to have some cuddle time with me this morning. If I have to get up at 6:30am on a Saturday morning, thats the way to do it!!! Normally she comes downstairs and is off and running (or crawling), but today she snuggled under a blanket with Mommy and we watched cartoons. There really can't be better moments then that as a parent! She now gives kisses as well (even to her daddy...He has a goatee, so when he goes to kisses her, she usually turns her face away. This morning, she puckered up and gave him a big smack on the lips and turned and gave mommy a big smile. She then turned back and gave daddy another big kiss!).
  • I love the fact that my good friend Britt is going to be a mom! She just glows and I can't wait to meet this little person. Her husband and herself are just the most loving, wonderful, laid back friends you could have and I'm excited! Camping next summer with two little ones will be fun! Stressful, but fun!
  • My mother-inlaw and her thoughtfulness. We've had our moments and are complete opposites in nearly every aspect of our lives, but I'm learning to appreciate her. Last weekend, we spent the day in KW with my niece and daughter. We did Build-A-Bear, lunch and stopped at Anna Mae's on the way home. It was an exhausting day, but she loved the all girls day!!! She's been outnumbered in her house way too long! Everyone has their strengths and sometimes you simply need to push past the differences to see their gifts! BTW Build-A-Bear is fantastic...Pricey but a great experience! Can't wait to scrapbook our pictures!
  • All the support for McHappy Day...I have loved hearing all the stories of how you all helped! Ayla and I were in London for McHappy Day, so we met up with my Mom and went to Ronald McDonald House. We dropped off chocolate roses for all the Moms who would be spending Mother's Day at RMH. The volunteers working remembered me from last summer and it was great for them to meet my daughter. My mom had never been in RMH and I know it meant quite a bit to her to be able to go with us. We then headed off to eat our Big Macs and show our support. We bought "Happy Feet" and Ayla wrote Ronald McDonald a thank you note on hers!

I Love Not...

  • Colds...As much as a love the cuddles and kisses from my daughter, I do not love the germs she passed along this week. It was a long week and today I get to disinfect everything...Do you realize just how much one snotty kid can touch in four days?
  • People who key cars. Yup my car that I've had under 6months was keyed. Grrr If I ever find who did this, I will introduce you to my large husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment