Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I Love You, I Love You Not...

So its been way too long...In the last month, I've started back to work and we're still trying to figure out how to manage life around our new schedules! I promise my blogging will get better!


I love you..


  • My baby girl!!! Ayla turned one last week and we had her party on Saturday. It ended up being smaller than I origionally planned, but she had so much fun! She had no qualms about diving into her cake! I had no idea that cake could be so messy! Cake was followed by a bath, followed by presents! I'm still not sure which she liked best, the cake (she happens to have a sugar nazi for a mother) or the balloons! Sunday night the emotions of having a one year old hit me like a Mack truck! I lay in bed sobbing to my husband about how sad I was that she was "all grown up!" He looked at me a little strange and said, "Umm you know she'll be bigger next year too, right?" Men!!! Its been such an amazing year! Being a mom is something I'm good at and its changed me sooo much already that I just can't wait to see what happens next!


  • My job...I work for Community Living and I LOVE my job! I went to school and took my job knowing that its hard to get full-time in my field! Its the joy of non-profit work! It was fine before I was a mom, because I could pick up call in shifts and be flexible. My year off for mat leave, I started stressing out about having enough work, babysitters, etc. I started thinking about having to leave my job for something more stable and it hurt! Well yesterday I was offered a full-time one year contract and I'm so excited for it! I can't wait for the new challenges, the stability and the fact that I won't work weekends for a whole year!

  • Big Macs...I think these should be one of the wonders of the world, thats how much I love them! My husband and friends think I'm nuts, but I still remember the first time Dad let me order was as a kid! It was love at first bite!

  • Slowpitch...I am not the most amazing athlete, but slowpitch makes me happy. I've played for teams in the past that made me think about quitting slowpitch forever and then I made my own team. We have fun and love to play ball together. Last night we played one of our best games yet and I can't wait to see what happens next Monday!

  • My Norwex mattress cleaner! I watched the Dr.Oz show about bed bugs, dust mites and matresses and couldn't stop thinking about it. So I bought this all natural mattress spray to keep them away! Today on my day off, I sprayed all the mattresses, couches and am soon off to cover them with crisp sheets! I am pumped to go to sleep tonight! lol Yes I'm obsessive-compulsive about germs!

I Love You Not...



  • Crispy fries and pizza crusts! Can not stand them!!!

  • Weeds...I can't keep up with my flowerbeds! I need to win the lottery and hire a gardener! In my head I know what it all looks like, but outside chaos reigns supreme...BUT if you could see what I see in my head, you would be impressed!

  • Dusting! I would rather scrub toilets all morning than dust! I have hated this chore since I was a kid!

2 comments:

  1. i feel the way about Mcdonalds cheeseburgers, the way you feel about Big Macs. Glad you're back...missed ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. late reply regarding "I Love You Not..."

    1. how can you not stand crispy fries? do you mean to tell me that you like the soft sloppy ones? ( that is really terribly put...my appologies) I love it when they are slightly crisp on the outside but soft on the inside..mmmmm!

    2. try doing this in your garden: get some round up, which ever brand you choose, put on some rubber gloves. grab a sponge and dip it in the round up ( which you will have to pour into a bucket) and dab the weeds. Voila!, no harm done to your plants, just wait about 10 days and your weeds will be dead!

    3. I don't like dusting either...but I love the end result! My mother loves dusting I'm sure...you should invite her over to dust for you haha

    ReplyDelete